Monday, January 30, 2012

{Second Star to the Right, and Straight on 'till Morning}



This is how I'm feeling at the moment...

It's 12:30am here in Rexburg, and I have a paper waiting to be written before the sun rises. After that there will be another paper, an exam #1 for class A, an exam #2 for class B, a book to be read, groceries to be bought, networking to be done, meetings to attend, friends to be listened to, research to be found, a few more papers, a cold to be conquered, some quizzes sprinkled on top, and one massive annotated bibliography.

And honestly, all I really want to do is read my new Glamour magazine with Rachael McAdams on the cover, start The Alchemist for an upcoming book club, light a candle, listen to Billie Holiday... oh, and sleep. for hours and hours.

College isn't always this stressful, but it seems like the professors get together and plan the weeks they're going to give us ALL of the assignments. I swear, there's no way it's coincidence...

I guess the only way to get through the sticky parts, is by taking it one day, or hour (whatever one can handle) at a time... at least that's what I keep telling myself :)

3 comments:

LaNae said...

Good Luck! I really love and miss you!

jamiebarazoto said...

you go girl. i have a cold too and have had it for 2 plus weeks! you are a smart little lass and if anyone can do it, it's you. just take little glamour breaks in between.

Mom Roberts said...

I agree with your madre!