Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{of importance}



"All of us carry excess baggage around from time to time, but the wisest ones among us don't carry it for very long. They get rid of it...."

-Boyd K. Packer

**I wanted to add to this post because my Dad and I had a very inspiring conversation last night (as our conversations normally end up being...)
I was asking for his help; I had no idea how to begin getting rid of "baggage" and forgive people that have hurt me. I told him I felt like these little grudges were really hindering my spiritual growth. And, like always, he gave me the most simple, yet sound advice:

Pray for them.
Pray that they have success, that they are safe and happy, that they find love...

It was such a perfect answer that I started to laugh a little bit.
I agreed to do it, and I have to admit - today, I feel a little less heavy.
I've really tried to keep my mind on moving forward, and the exciting things I have coming up in the future instead of hardships that occurred in the past.
I want them to stay there, so I can progress.

It'll take time (obviously), so I'll keep working at it every day.

Thank you Dad, for reminding me that the answers to some of life's hardest challenges, are often simple and sincere.


2 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

Love it! I love your blog...you make me very jealous! Teach me how to spice mine up.

thegirlhassparke said...

Your dad sounds like a very smart man!