Friday, November 20, 2009

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" -W.D.

It's that time of year again... our annual Disneyland Vacation!!!
(My personal favorite-- as my family will attest)
1. The loveliness of Main Street with it's window shops and colorful lights
2.Star Tours - we ride it first every year as we make our loop around the park
3. SPACE MT... what a rush
4. The Matterhorn- that scary monster still gets me every time (even though I know exactly when he pops out)
5. It's a Small World- please please please be open this year!! They always have it under for Christmas decorations when we go, and I am in dire need of my hula-doll-crazy-hip fix.
6. Toon Town and the fact that we hate it and never go in
7. The Gold Coin in the stones under Cinderella's castle that marks the center of the park
8. The Fairy Tale Carousel that my little sisters beg to ride again and again
9. The steps b/t fantasy land, toon town and tomorrow land where we ALWAYS eat our packed lunches and laugh as every person that walks by does a double take and tries to "count the red-heads"
10. The Jungle Cruise- your tour guide really does make it or break it
11. Indiana Jones- the wait is almost as fun as the ride (I hate the part where it feels like darts are whooshing past your face... totally freaks me out)
12.PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN... favorite ride forever and always!!
13. New Orleans Square- so many fabulous details, not to mention I love anything historic
14. The Haunted Mansion- It's always decked out in Nightmare Before Christmas attire... but I'm not complaining
15. Splash MT! ride it till you're soaked and freezing
16. Thunder Mt where my siblings and I know every word to the pre-recorded safety rules and always shout along
17. The Fireworks show! To me, this is the culmination of all Disney's magic
18. Pineapple Whips from the stand by the tiki room (Cass and I could go broke on them)
19. California Adventures... to me, this is an entirely different theme park. Although I love it, you just can't recapture the feeling of Disneyland anywhere else... no matter how close
20. Tower of Terror- this is the only ride that is located in Cali Adven. but gets it's own number because i feel that it should have been in Disneyland to begin with
So many memories... so little time... and I doubt you all want to hear about it anyways!



“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- Walt Disney





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEM HEM
(Dolores Umbridge anyone??)
we get home from Cali Tuesday Morning (like 6 O'Clock... AM), I have my lab at 7:30. Fun times... We repack and head to the cabin Wed. for Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll see some snow again!


True Arizonans: Flip flops and PJ's while it's snowing



And then it's just a hop, skip and a step till Christmas!!!!


1 comment:

Jacque said...

Hahahaha! I laughed out loud to myself over this post :) I am obsessed with your obsession over disneyland - it makes me happy! Hope you guys as much fun as ever this year <3