Tuesday, September 1, 2009

{Learning and Loving}





Last week was the first of my sophomore year at ASU, and I thought I knew what to expect... but boy was I wrong.

My freshman year at college appears to have been a piece of cake. A nice walk in the park. A FREAKIN' BREEZE compared to the one looming before me!! Don't get me wrong, i'm pretty sure I can handle it, but I have this constant pressure in my heart and I can't figure out where it's coming from... you know that feeling?? Like you forgot something but can't remember what, or like you just got asked to perform in front of a million people, that feeling where your heart beats really fast and it gets kinda hard to breathe?? Yeah, that's how I'm feelin' right about now. I'm gonna think positive and have faith that it was just the first week, that everything will get easier as I become accustomed to my new schedule and it's requirements :)


HOWEVER

I learned a lot of wonderful things past week; uplifting messages-- the kind that help you get through those hard days. These aren't the kind of things you learn from the ultra-liberal professors at ASU. These are the kind of things you learn from those amazing individuals who have been inspired-- who have bettered mankind with their loving insights on the beauty this world has to offer (not saying that ultra-liberal professors can't be inspired...)


"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein


"The time will come when no man nor woman will be able to endure on borrowed light. Each will have to be guided by the light within himself. If you do not have it, how can you stand?" -unknown


"... the truth isn't relative, It's only man's understanding of truth that is relative."


"Indeed, in some instances, the merciful companion to truth is silence. Some truths are best left unsaid."
{both by Russell M Nelson}


"Imagination is more important that knowledge." -Albert Einstein


"The greatest part of our happineess depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances." - Martha Washington


** and my personal favorite***


"I plead with you to have the courage to refrain from judging and criticizing those around you, as well as the courage to make certian everyone is included and feels loved and valued." -President Monson


4 comments:

LaNae said...

You are amazing to me! Great quotes and pictures--I know you will have a great year--besides you just proved with that bet that you know more than me!

Mom Roberts said...

I love your blog! You have wonderful thoughts...it's truly inspiring!

AMBER said...

Love that last quote too Chelsey! Thank you so much for sharing all those thoughts! This year will get easier too, I hope! You are so smart, you can handle it girl!!

jamiebarazoto said...

i am loving those quotes from bro wold!
love you
xoxo